Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Changing Things Up

So, I know I haven't posted here in awhile. Believe it or not, I was spending a lot of time trying to figure out how I was going to say what I was going to say instead of just being honest.

I'm going to be frank: Stoicism bored me. I couldn't read another word of it without completely giving up.

It felt weird. It wasn't that Stoicism wasn't working for me, but something felt missing. I guess that isn't the right word, either, but that's what I got right now.

Long story short, I felt too uptight about things in life. I was not Stoic about being Stoic and let's be frank, that isn't cool. Or helpful, really.

But what, oh what was missing?

First, my voice. As informative as I thought they were, I was talking like some stuffy professor type (to my ears, anyway). It was boring me, just didn't sound like me.

Second, reading all those old Stoic letters and texts, over and over, without nothing new kind of gets to you.

I'm going to post this for now, because at the rate I'm going, I'm never going to get it done. All I'm going to say is that I'm trying a new style. I still won't be posting here too often right now as I'm in the middle of other projects, but I hope you guys will enjoy the new way writing.

No comments:

On Personal Thoughts About Personal Epistemology

There are, to my mind, only two ways of understanding the world: the senses and our reasoning. About our senses, we know of our basic o...