Friday, June 6, 2014

Moving Back

Funny how the mind works, isn't it?

On the one hand, Stoicism is, well, a bore. Let's face it, you aren't scoring points on the popularity meter. Sometimes, I push aside what would be the better Stoic response in a conversation (that is, in most odds, ignoring things) in favor of a pithy comment or some wiseass remark. A little rebellion here and there, blah blah blah, and I'm back to where I was before, well, Stoicism.

But, of course, I should have remembered what it was like before Stoicism. The sleepless nights as I stay up worrying about death. The guilt of not controlling anger. Doing stupid video game shit over actually living my life -- which, by the way, isn't by itself bad, but is when it's all you do.

I guess the problem before was I wasn't having fun blogging. I was worried about what people thought of me (odd for a guy writing about Stoicism, right?), so I either spent more time making what I was writing "reader friendly" or whatever you want to call it or just not writing at all because that was easier.

Then I got to reading some of the old posts (...again) and some of the letters and other shit. And I was all, "Hey, it makes sense. Again."

And so here we are.

Brain, make up your damn mind.

No comments:

On Personal Thoughts About Personal Epistemology

There are, to my mind, only two ways of understanding the world: the senses and our reasoning. About our senses, we know of our basic o...